Data Engineer (Remote / Tampere / Helsinki)
Would you like to be a part of Recordly's story? Now is your chance! We’re looking for a Data Engineer who wants to get their hands dirty with different data solutions, platforms and pipelines. Working at Recordly means you get to work with customers that truly want to make data their competitive edge. You will be in the core of helping businesses capitalize the opportunities data offers.
“Who/what is Recordly?” you might ask
Recordly is an independent Futurice family company specialised in business data management. Our core business focuses on data management, data architectures, and hands-on data engineering that enable exceptional user experiences, efficiency gains and new business models. In simple terms, we tech the heck out of data.
Our employee promise (besides offering engaging customer assignments of course) includes the possibility to enjoy the company's success and to shape who we are and what we do, together. We believe in being open about how the business is boomin’ and how the choices we make affect the bottom line.
What we are looking for in a Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer at Recordly you get to work hands-on with data. Your background can be related to software engineering or something already in the world of data. As far as skills go, we appreciate the following experience:
- Technology experience that includes building data pipelines, hands-on.
- Fluent with cloud infrastructure, especially the data side of the big three (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Understanding and/or experience with Data Lake infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools.
- Fluent in SQL.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building high-volume ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Experience with version control systems like Github and deployment & CI tools.
But, you know, you don’t need to be a unicorn that knows them all.
In addition, below are some nice-to-haves, which would be pretty neat:
- Experience with at least one MPP database technology such as Snowflake.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (such as PowerBI).
- Working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts.
- Understanding of metadata management, data lineage, and data glossaries is a plus.
What we offer
When you join Recordly, you'll be greeted by our open and exciting culture. On the more tangible side we have you covered with benefits:
- Market level salary plus a motivating bonus model.
- Wide healthcare and insurance policy. Dental care and massages naturally included.
- Workout while you work (Weekly time for wellbeing).
- Lunch and culture benefit.
- Your own company credit card plus flexibility to use it for example for your home office.
- And more!
Besides those, we promise you challenging customer assignments. Go check out the amazing work our data engineers have done.
Interested to hear more?
We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for the both of us. Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words. Send your application and we promise to contact you within 2 days.
Our recruitment process typically consists of two interview rounds during which you will meet your future colleagues and learn more about working at Recordly. We also prefer to discuss technical aspects of the job through your own experience, so a technical task may be part of the recruitment process.
Recordly wants to create an extraordinary impact on the world through their culture and pioneering with business data. Recordly was founded in 2021 by long term data professionals as a part of Futurice group. Recordlys’ mission is to be the catalyst for change in the way data solutions are developed so that they enable humans and data to cooperate. Recordly operates in Helsinki, Tampere, Stuttgart, Stockholm and anywhere you are. To be part of the story, visit www.recordlydata.com.