Data Architect (Remote / Tampere / Helsinki)
Would you like to be a part of Recordly's story? Now is your chance! We’re looking for a Data Architect eager to help businesses capitalise the opportunities data offers. Working at Recordly means you get to work with customers that truly want to make data their competitive edge.
“Who/what is Recordly?” you might ask
Recordly is an independent Futurice family company specialised in business data management. Our core business focuses on data management, data architectures, and hands-on data engineering that enable exceptional user experiences, efficiency gains and new business models. In simple terms, we tech the heck out of data.
Our employee promise (besides offering engaging customer assignments of course) includes the possibility to enjoy the company's success and to shape who we are and what we do, together. We believe in being open about how the business is boomin’ and how the choices we make affect the bottom line. Take a look at our site to get to know us better.
What we are looking for in a Data Architect
A Data Architect at Recordly typically works in tight cooperation with our customers within different assignments. Assignments vary and may sometimes even require hands-on work from time to time - meaning you may have to open up AWS/Azure/GCP Console and deploy some resources if needed, or write some SQL lines when the Data Engineers are not around.
As we focus on creating actual business value by creating or utilising for example data platforms, we value the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills , both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior level management.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements. - And we truly mean this. We want to be the glue, bridge, sellotape - whatever you want to call it - between the IT and business department, so that they understand each other.
- Ability to cope with ever-evolving technologies used in the data domain and simultaneously understand the business and engineering side of new data products. - Yes, we know this sounds awful. The data domain is moving 88 miles per hour, making it difficult for anyone to keep up with, for example, what Apache Foundation is released next month. Fear not, however, we will help you with this with our continuous learning opportunities and hackathons.
- Working knowledge of Agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts.
Necessary technical skills:
- Experience in designing and building hands-on and running highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets. - We don’t mind if your experience is also from on-premise systems, as we know that the scalability pains are even higher over there.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building high-volume ETL/ELT pipelines. - If star schemas or Data Vault or Data Warehouse Automation are familiar words to you, you’ll be fine.
- Fluent with cloud infrastructure, especially the data side of the big three (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) - We don’t expect you to be certified (we can help you with that), but work experience at least within one of the big three is needed.
- Understanding and/or experience with Data Lake infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools. - By this we mean, that you know what other tools (MDM, Data Catalogs, Data Lineage tools etc.) are needed for a good data platform and have some experience with those.
What we offer
When you join Recordly, you'll be greeted by our open and exciting culture. On the more tangible side we have you covered with benefits:
- Market level salary plus a motivating bonus model.
- Wide healthcare and insurance policy. Dental care and massages naturally included.
- Workout while you work (Weekly time for wellbeing).
- Lunch and culture benefit.
- Your own company credit card plus flexibility to use it for example for your home office.
- And more!
Besides those, we promise you challenging customer assignments. Go check out the amazing work our data architects have done.
Interested to hear more?
We want to hear from you and figure out together what works best for the both of us. Tell us about yourself and your background in your own words. Send your application and we promise to contact you within 2 days.
Our recruitment process typically consists of two interview rounds during which you will meet your future colleagues and learn more about working at Recordly. We also prefer to discuss technical aspects of the job through your own experience, so a technical task may be part of the recruitment process.
Recordly wants to create an extraordinary impact on the world through their culture and pioneering with business data. Recordly was founded in 2021 by long term data professionals as a part of Futurice group. Recordlys’ mission is to be the catalyst for change in the way data solutions are developed so that they enable humans and data to cooperate. Recordly operates in Helsinki, Tampere, Stuttgart, Stockholm and anywhere you are. To be part of the story, visit www.recordlydata.com.